UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, up-sell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service. The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region.
This is definitely not a job like any other. We are looking for someone who is daring, who is open for a challenge to be innovative, who has a “hustle” attitude, who is a results-driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and of course has a sense of humor.
Become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry.
Within the Customer Success team here at UMAI, our focus is on delivering exceptional experiences and accelerating value for our customers through five core pillars; Customer support, customer experience, education, account management and sales (up-selling). We are obsessed with providing exceptional service and understanding what is needed for each and every business to succeed.
- First and foremost, you are the first point of contact and remotely responsible for the well-being of our restaurant partners (eg. ensure customer on boarding) who are based in Singapore
- Creating value for our restaurant partners by identifying, clarifying and prioritising partner needs and by providing excellent customer service and setting realistic expectations for the partnership
- Executing restaurant requests for changes on the platform (e.g., update system profiles, resolve technical issues)
- Looking for new possibilities to increase revenues from existing customers (e.g up-selling & renewal of customers)
- Develop targets and strategies for the customer experience to streamline processes and enhance our customer' satisfaction
- Close collaboration and communication with the Head of Sales in Singapore and Finance Manager in Malaysia
- You have great social skills and enjoyment in interacting with customers
- You have a proven sales / customer management track record of 1 - 3 years
- At least 1 year of experience leading, mentoring, and training teams of engineers
- Able to work onsite at our headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship (i.e. working student jobs or internships, or through a company you have founded)
- You are enthusiastic, goal oriented, and have excellent organizational skills
- You have a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have a keen interest in the startup world, also in developing people and improving company culture
What We Offer
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- Insight into all relevant aspects of founding a company, and the opportunity to build up an impacting, international network
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Direct exposure to the founders and management, working directly with one of the founders
- Opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the region. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a meaningful international network
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 14 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!
Your journey to join us here at UMAI:
- Skype call with our talent acquisition team
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Interview with founder
- Round Interview: meet the team