Become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry.
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, a fintech focused Venture Capital firm based out of London & Hong Kong.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results-driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
You will get a chance to learn more about the recruitment process within a startup environment and work closely with your manager and contribute in different stages of the hiring process.
if this sounds like something you may be interested in you check out, a video with Jackson to have an insight into life at UMAI as a Recruitment Intern!
If you are in a hurry or you feel a little bit lazy about reading the job description, just take a look at this UMAI's Chit Chat - Jackson, Recruitment Intern.
- Minimum Duration: +4 months
- Compensation: 500RM or 750RM per month depending on your experience
- Own your end to end recruitment project. Here we will teach you where to source a role, how to build an international recruiting pipeline, carry out interviews, and onboard new employees into the UMAI family.
- Recruitment responsibilities:
- You will source for candidates on LinkedIn, Facebook + other platforms and screen their CV
- You will schedule phone or skype interviews and fill in a scorecard about your candidates.
- You will establish lasting relationships with your candidates and follow up with them
- You will own recruitment projects: e.g. you’ll identify where to source a role and build your international recruiting pipeline
- You will onboard new employees into the UMAI family from contract preparation to their first weeks with us
- Work on innovative and low budget ideas to enhance our employer branding
- Take care of maintaining and improving a good company’s culture by organizing team events and other fun activities.
- You will support the Recruitment / People & Culture team while we grow as a company and take over your own projects and responsibilities (administrative processes, employer branding, cultural topics, planning events, etc.
- You have studied or are studying Business, or similar subjects.
- You have people skills and like to be in contact with them.
- You have relationship building and communication skills.
- You love taking on a project and seeing it from beginning to the end.
- You prefer working in a small team.
- You have a keen interest in the startup world.
- You are interested in learning about recruitment, and have an affinity with the Food & Beverage industry.
- You have an innovative state of mind.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An opportunity to lead and carry out interviews for various positions the company is recruiting for.
- Meet and work with people from different parts of the world.
- Be challenged and gain a "sense of urgency mindset"
- Be in control of how you do your tasks = direct responsibility - "a project, starts and ends with you"
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 14 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!