Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Internship Duration: 6 months (potential to be converted into full time permanent employee)
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
We can only consider applications from candidates who are able to stay with us for 6 months, in order that you can take full ownership of your projects!
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into responsive UI/UX
- Unit testing with Jest/Enzyme
- Ability to adopt and grasp existing code
- Participating in discussions about the product and solving problems together with the team
- Experience developing with modern front-end tools and frameworks such React Js and Redux, TypeScript, Rx.js, Vue Js and Angular Js
- Practical knowledge of web tooling such as Webpack, NPM, Yarn
- Understanding of ES6 and newer ES specifications
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools, including knowing how to diagnose and fix performance issues
- CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Understanding of how the versioning system works.
- Taking ownership of the whole product
- Team player
- Eager to learn new technologies and explore new tasks
- Goal oriented vs time oriented: Focus on hitting milestones vs leave the office on time
- Must be familiar with our tech stack and have the knowledge of driving the future direction of this
Nice to have:
- code review experience
- opensource (github) contribution and projects
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with two internationally experienced entrepreneurs
- Insight into all relevant aspects of growing a company, and the opportunity to build up an impacting, international network
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming more than 10 different nationalities
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility & ownership
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start up in South East Asia. If you’d like to become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!