UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, a fintech focused Venture Capital firm based out of London & Hong Kong.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- You will manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles such as payments, invoices as well as monitoring for cash receipts for customers
- You will work closely with the Finance Manager to provide timely, accurate, analyzed and complete financial and investment report
- You support in developing internal controls
- You help in tax planning and cost saving
- You are involved and support in the corporate restructuring of the group
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Preferably, previous accounting and/or auditing experience of 1yrs or a member of a professional body (ACCA, CPA)
- Profound knowledge of Malaysian local law (company act, financial framework, tax law, etc.)
- Profound knowledge in Excel and previous experience in using accounting software
- An analytical mind, process, and number driven
- You are highly organized, structured and you can work independently ensuring to hit your deadlines
- You show initiative and have a problem-solving mindset
What we offer:
- The opportunity for you to get exposure in an entrepreneurial driven work culture.
- You will get to learn and be part of the development and growth of the Company while working with the Finance Manager touching areas such as corporate restructuring, etc.
- Challenging tasks with direct responsibility and independence
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- The great working atmosphere in an international environment
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 14 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!