People & Culture Internship
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
UMAI provides software to restaurants helping them save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service, as well as marketing opportunities.
UMAI operates across 4 continents, with offices in 3 countries.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by a former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Next start date: ASAP
- Minimum Duration : 4-6 months.
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
First and foremost, you will ensure that UMAI reaches its headcount growth goals across several countries in the Asia Pacific region while maintaining a fun, but hard-working culture.
- You will source for candidates on LinkedIn, Facebook + other platforms and screen their CVs
- You will handle interviews and fill in a scorecard about your candidates.
- You will establish lasting relationships with your candidates and follow up with them
- You will own recruitment projects: e.g. you’ll identify where to source a role and build your international recruiting pipeline
- You will onboard new employees into the UMAI family from contract preparation to their first weeks with us
- You will support the People & Culture team while we grow as a company and take over your own projects and responsibilities (administrative processes, employer branding, cultural topics, planning events etc.)
- You will help your team to improve UMAI’s culture by organizing team events and other initiatives
- You will work alongside and with our Head of People and Culture and together shape the People & Culture Department and company further.
- You have studied or are studying Human Resources, Recruiting, Business, Management, Psychology/Social Sciences
- This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship (e.g. working student jobs or internships, or through a company you have founded).
- You have a keen interest in the startup world, and also in developing people and improving company culture.
- You have great relationship building and communication skills.
- You have an innovative state of mind.
What we offer:
- A fantastic internship program! You will be working in a great atmosphere along with a fun, dynamic and highly exhilarating international team members with flat hierarchies.
- You would be trained by the industry's leading professionals.
- You'll have an insight into all relevant aspects of founding a company, and the opportunity to build up an impactful, international network.
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility giving you the opportunity to learn & experience the world of work.
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech companies in South East Asia. We are now expanding to Europe and other locations. If you’d like to become part of UMAI and shape the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!