Internship opportunity with a fast-growing tech startup operating in Europe & Asia
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Next start date: Jan / Feb 2021
- Min. duration: +4 months
- Important information: We are hiring on a contractor term, which means you will have to invoice us your salary every month.
- Support strategic and daily business which includes expanding the business in current markets as well as develop it in new markets alongside a highly entrepreneurial and international team
- Take over your own project(s), where you’ll be responsible for leading growth and developing a strategic plan in areas such as business development, sales, partnerships & customer retention
- Opportunity to develop sales analytics, SaaS metrics, financial modelling, market research and process optimization
- Responsibility for lead generation and acquisition of restaurant brands in Denmark and Sweden
- Manage relationships with restaurants by providing professional, excellent customer service and setting realistic expectations for the partnership in in-person meetings with restaurant owners & management
- Stay abreast of new openings, and attend important industry events, network with the industry
- Graduates/ Currently pursuing - Business, Economics, Computer Science, or similar subjects (This is not a MUST, ultimately a passion for sales is what is needed)
- A deep passion for sales & human interaction, and are a go-getter who loves to hit the streets or pick up the phone to get that important meeting scheduled
- Ability to develop new business, approaching new prospective clients quickly and successfully
- You’re goal oriented, and have superb organization skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship
- You have a keen interest in the F&B and/or startup world
- Determined and has a “go-getter” mentality
- Living in Denmark and able to travel around for customer meetings
- Able to communicate and speak Danish
What We Offer
- Attractive sales commission
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming from 14 nationalities
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the CEO – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life
We can only consider applications from candidates who are able to stay with us at least 4 months, in order that you can take full ownership of your projects! (Candidates with previous sales experience are also considered for shorter periods)
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start up in South East Asia and we are now expanding to Europe! If you’d like to become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!