IT Project Manager - Scrum Master
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Or Lisbon, Portugal. Or Virtual on SEA or EU timezone)
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Guide the product team as well as the organization on how to incorporate Agile practices and values
- Create sprints and distribute responsibilities to team members while ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress
- Oversee design, implementation, QA and validation of programming code and products
- Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Building an environment of trust where conflicts can be resolved in a healthy way while continuously improving transparency
- Growing the department, both in team members, but also in processes and culture as the company and the team grows
- Relevant work experience in Tech Project Management- 2 years minimum.
- You have at least 3 months experience in the role of a Scrum Master for a software development team that incorporated agile principles, practices and theory
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- You possess the skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- You’re goal oriented, have superb organization skills and are highly adaptable
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship
- You have a keen interest in the startup world
- The ability to evaluate matters with a critical mind, and speak up accordingly
- A plus, but not necessary: A healthy technical understanding or technical background
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with two internationally experienced entrepreneurs (Reporting directly to the Directors)
- Insight into all relevant aspects of growing a company, and the opportunity to build up an impacting, international network
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming more than 10 different nationalities
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility & ownership
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start up in South East Asia, and now expanding into Europe. If you’d like to become part of UMAI and impact the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!