CUSTOMER SUCCESS SPECIALIST
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service. We are one of the fastest growing F&B tech B2B companies in the fastest growing region in the world. Built on a SaaS model, we currently service over 400 different brands from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam and to far reaching Denmark.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda Singapore, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and with shared experience ranging from McKinsey, Deloitte to Rocket Internet and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
We’re looking for a customer advocate, someone who understands product onboarding with customers, someone who loves our products and someone who loves the challenge that comes with problem solving. This is not a formal corporate role, we’re on first name basis. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and with a sense of humor.
- Freelance Contractor
- Open for fresh graduate / with 1 year experience in Customer Support
- Virtual role (able to work from home)
- Must have European citizenship or valid work visa
- Start Date: ASAP
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers, you'll also be replying live chats via Intercom & talking to customers via CloudTalk every now and then (Malaysia + Denmark)
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
- Working on ad-hoc projects assigned by the Head of Customer Success
- Social Media
- Community Management (helpcenter building, chat bot improvement),
- Review restaurant scraping quality (QA scraping work)
- Fresh graduate or you have a proven track record in customer support background with a minimum of 1 year under your belt.
- You have experience handling high volume of customers/accounts
- Previous tech startup or food industry work experience highly appreciated
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbally).
- Great problem solving abilities/Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Suite (or Google Suite). You work with rows and columns seamlessly
- Having experience with a CRM such as Pipedrive (we use this) is advantageous. Any other CRM experience such as Hubspot, Salesforce etc is equally valuable
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the world
- Insight into all relevant aspects of founding a company, and the opportunity to build up an impactful, international network
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Be apart of challenging the status quo
- You taking full ownership of what's on your plate
- Coaching, mentoring for you to move up in your career