Internship opportunity with a fast-growing tech startup operating in Europe & Asia
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Next start date: Jan / Feb 2021
- Min. duration: +4 months
- Important information: We are hiring on a contractor term, which means you will have to invoice us your salary every month.
- You are first point of contact and will be responsible for the well-being of our restaurant partners (eg. ensure customer on boarding & training)
- Creating value for our restaurant partners by identifying, clarifying and prioritizing partner needs and by providing excellent customer service and setting realistic expectations for the partnership
- Executing restaurant requests for changes on the platform (e.g., update system profiles, resolve technical issues)
- Looking for new possibilities to increase revenues from existing customers (e.g upselling & renewal of customers)
- Develop targets and strategies with the Team Lead
- Working with our operations team to streamline processes
- Bachelor's Degree - Business, Economics, Computer Science, or similar subjects.
- You have great social skills and enjoyment in interacting with customers
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship (i.e. working student jobs or internships, or through a company you have founded)
- You are enthusiastic, goal oriented, and have excellent organizational skills
- You have a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have a keen interest in the startup world, also in developing people and improving company culture
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with two internationally experienced entrepreneurs
- Insight into all relevant aspects of growing a company, and the opportunity to build up an impacting, international network
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming more than 10 different nationalities
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility & ownership
We can only consider applications from candidates who are able to stay with us at least 4 months, in order that you can take full ownership of your projects!
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start up in South East Asia and we are now expanding to Europe! If you’d like to become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!