Start date: ASAP
Career opportunity with a fast-growing tech startup operating in Europe & Asia
UMAI provides restaurants with a CRM that helps them to get their customers back more often, save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, one of the largest company builders in South-East Asia.
This is not a formal, corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Responsibility for lead generation and acquisition of restaurant brands in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Manage relationships with restaurants by providing professional, excellent customer service and setting realistic expectations for the partnership in in-person meetings with restaurant owners & management
- Stay abreast of new openings, and attend important industry events, network with the industry
- 1-5 years of sales experience
- A deep passion for sales & human interaction, and are a go-getter who loves to hit the streets or pick up the phone to get that important meeting scheduled
- Ability to develop new business, approaching new prospective clients quickly and successfully
- You’re goal-oriented and have superb organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship
- You have a keen interest in the F&B and/or startup world
The ideal candidate & qualifications:
- Experience with consultative selling, with a short sales cycle (ex. <1 month)
- Experience with cold-calling (you will be mixing cold calling with doing walk-ins & email, etc)
- Knowledge of restaurant operations is a plus or genuine interest in the restaurant industry
- Lives in Lisbon, Portugal and able to travel for customer meetings
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and can own your own workstream
What we offer:
- Attractive sales commission
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming from 14 nationalities
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the CEO – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start ups in South East Asia & Europe. If you’d like to become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!