Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Internship Duration: 6 months (potential to be converted into full time permanent employee)
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
We can only consider applications from candidates who are able to stay with us for 6 months, in order that you can take full ownership of your projects!
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Work on all phases of the product life cycle, including integration, tests deployment and refactoring
- Learn new frameworks and apply new design patterns
- Develop patches to fix software bugs on a frequent basis
- Keep updated with the latest innovations and best practices in the industry
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Outstanding and hands-on experience in Ruby on Rails development along with other common libraries
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Github
- You have development experience with ReactJS
- You have experience working with SQL such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile development workflows is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
- Attention to detail
- Great coding skills
- Taking ownership of the whole product
- Team player
- Eager to learn new technologies and explore new tasks
- Strong work ethic, knowing the difference between working hard and working smart, and when to do both
- Goal oriented vs time oriented: Focus on hitting milestones vs leave the office on time
- Must be familiar with our tech stack and have the knowledge of driving the future direction of this
Nice to have:
- code review experience
- opensource (github) contribution and projects
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with two internationally experienced entrepreneurs
- Insight into all relevant aspects of growing a company, and the opportunity to build up an impacting, international network
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming more than 10 different nationalities
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility & ownership
UMAI is one of the fastest growing F&B tech start up in South East Asia. If you’d like to become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry, we urge you to apply!