Customer Support Specialist | Kuala Lumpur
Become part of UMAI and change the future of the hospitality industry.
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last-minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, a fintech focused Venture Capital firm based out of London & Hong Kong.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results-driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
Retaining customers is one of the most important initiatives of any company, and you will be at the forefront of customer retention at UMAI. Your work ensures that customers who sign up to use our software get the value they are looking for.
- Has at least 1 year experience in Customer Support
- Hybrid role (able to work from home & office)
- Next start date: ASAP
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers, you'll also be replying live chats via Intercom & talking to customers via CloudTalk every now and then (Malaysia + Denmark)
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
- Working on ad-hoc projects assigned by the Head of Customer Success
What we offer:
- You have a proven track record in customer support background with a minimum of 1 year under your belt.
- You have experience handling high volume of customers/accounts
- Previous tech startup or food industry work experience highly appreciated
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbally).
- Great problem solving abilities/Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language [English]
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Suite (or Google Suite). You work with rows and columns seamlessly
- Having experience with a CRM such as Pipedrive (we use this) is advantageous. Any other CRM experience such as Hubspot, Salesforce etc is equally valuable
- An opportunity to work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the world
- Insight into all relevant aspects of founding a company, and the opportunity to build up an impactful, international network
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Be apart of challenging the status quo
- You taking full ownership of what's on your plate
- Coaching, mentoring for you to move up in your career
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 14 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!